Sunday, February 23, 2014

MAD Live Event and First Divine Appointment

This was go be posted on Saturday night. However we had no WIFI so it is being posted one day late.

We completed the MAD Live Event today in Pinellas Park. We praise God for 4 people surrendering their lives to Christ in repentance and faith. We want to thank Bob and Esther for being amazingly gracious hosts for Ron me while we were in the St. Pete area.

We then headed 105 miles north to Leesburg to spend the night and next day with our dear friends from NJ, Paul and Ellen. They winter in Leesburg. As we sped along (at the speed limit of 70 MPH), I changed lanes on the bike and immediately realized there was a 2x4x8 laying across my lane. I have never hit a 2x4 on a motorcycle at 70 MPH before, but thankfully I got over it without incident. Ron then hit it as well without issue.

On the way we stopped for a bathroom break and God provided our first Divine appointment of the trip. We parked the bikes outside the rest area building and a female employee walked up and was picking up pieces of trash around our bikes. As she approached my bike and I commented on how hot it was to be doing that job in the parking lot. She said she prefers to do it after dark as it is cooler. I commented that it’s pretty hot with an engine between our legs. She agreed that it would be hotter on the bikes than in the parking lot. I got off of my bike, grabbed a Gospel of John and headed over to speak with her. I asked her what her name was and she said, “Molly”. I told her my name and asked if I could share something with her. She said, “Sure!” I shared my faith in Christ with her and explained that the book I was giving her was a Gospel of John with the plan of salvation outlined in the front. I offered it to her as a gift and asked if she would read it. She agreed to read it and share it with her son and she thanked me for it. We arrived at Paul and Ellen’s safely and enjoyed dinner with them. We’ll be going to church with them tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment