Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Incredible Divine Appointment today at the Chiropractor

Amazing Diving Appointment – I went to the Chiropractor this morning to have him work on my neck. When I arrived, the two treatment rooms were full and there were 4 others in the waiting room waiting for their turn. This has never happened before. So I figured it was going to take awhile for me to get into the treatment room. I waited about 15 minutes, then decided to save a little bit of time by making my next appointment before the treatment, rather than after. As we discussed the few open dates early next week, due to cancellations this week in advance of the Nor’easter coming, a man in ski bibs came in and stood at the receptionist’s counter near me. Rachel, the receptionist asked me why I couldn’t come later next week and I told her I’d be on a ministry trip to Florida, doing about 3,500 miles…2,500 of them on a motorcycle. I finished my conversation with her and the man who came in then said, “I need help…I am lost.” (Can you say open door?) Rachel asked where he was trying to go and he was from out of the area and was trying to find the Blue Mountain Ski Resort. I told him he was way too far west of Allentown and I didn’t know the best way to get there from New Tripoli, unless he went way out the way. I suggested Rachel MapQuest it for him and as she was doing that, he said, “So, what do you ride?” We ended up having 15-20 minute motorcycle discussion in the office and as he went to leave I told him I’d like to invite him to come on our Smoky Mountains Motorcycle Adventure in May. He said he was interested so I walked him out and grabbed a ministry business card from my truck for him. I also picked up one of Mark Cahill’s booklets entitled, “One Second After You….Die”. I asked if I could share this with him and he listened as I explained what the booklet was and what the truth in it could do for his eternity. We ended up in a 45 minute Gospel presentation and Q&A session in the parking lot. His name is Bob and there’s a lot more to the conversation, but I don’t have time to go into all of the details. I said to him, “Bob, I believe with all of my heart that God arranged for you to miss the ski resort and end up 40 minutes away at this Dr.’s office to meet me so I could invite you to go to Heaven when you die.” He said, “That thought has already crossed my mind.” I asked him if we could connect some time soon, and that I’d like to start a friendship with him. He said he’d like that and would contact me after he got home. Bob is 63 years old and I ask that you pray for him. Isn’t God amazing? Look at all of the things that had to take place for me to meet this man. And his heart was wide open. The seed has been planted. Now it is up to God to cause the growth.

I went back into the office and apologized to Rachel. I said, "I am sorry I missed the appointment, but that man needed to hear about Jesus." She said it was OK, but that I had to wait another 45 minutes if I was going to see the Dr. I told her I couldn't because I had a lunch appointment with a young man I am discipling and mentoring. But that's OK, because the Diving Appointment trumps the Chiropractic appointment any day of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment