Friday, February 28, 2014

Divine appointments and 297 safe miles

Ron and I had got up this morning and were greeted by heavy rain. We packed the bikes and donned our rain gear for the ride back north. We met my old friend Craig Marston for breakfast, who opened the doors for us to minister in Key West. We then headed north on Route 1. As we approached the northern end of the Keys, the rain subsided and we stopped for a caffeine beverage for Ron as he was very drousy. Ron took the lead and was going to select a place to stop and get a drink. God did what God does and after removing my rainsuit, a man came up to me and began asking questions about my trailer. We had a nice discussion and I asked his name and where he was from. His name was Dave and he was from Wall Twp, NJ. I told him I was born and raised in NJ and I then asked what he did for a living. He owns a bar and a business involving Border Collies being used to chase geese from runways and corporate lawns. The conversation continued and it turns out that Verona Park (I was born and raised in Verona) is one of his clients. I asked if I could share something with him and shared the Gospel as well as one of Mark Cahill’s little books – “One Second After You Die”.

We parted ways and Ron and I continued north to Jupiter. We stopped at the Harvest Bible Chapel and set up for tomorrow’s M.A.D. Live Event. We then heaed to my friend Norm’s to check on his son Ben. Ben had been surfing the day before and after surfing he was doing something in the water and got caught up in a Portuguese Man of War. He had burns and welts across his stomach and arm and one tentacle somehow got in his mouth and onto his tongue. He was in pretty bad shape with a lot of toxins and ended up in the ER. He was home recovering and we went to see him. Ben is on meds and is feeling better although the wounds itch like crazy. He said the pain was so bad he would much rather have broken a bone than be hit by one of them.

We then headed north towards Port St. Lucie to spend the night at our friends Bruce and Kim’s home. On the way we stopped for dinner and prayed for our waitress Amber and we shared a Gospel of John with her. We are grateful to God for His protection on us for the 297 miles we did today.

No comments:

Post a Comment