June has traditionally been a slow month for teaching as are the rest of the summer months. We will have gone 5 weeks between MAD Live Events. I was blessed to preach at the Everett Hills Baptist Church in Maryville, TN this month. Later in the month I did my only MAD Live Event in June. We were privileged to partner with “106.7 The Light”, Billy Graham’s other radio station in Knoxville, TN to do the event. 105 people showed up and we praise God that 3 more people gave their lives to Jesus Christ!
After the MAD Live Event, we packed up and headed west to Colorado and stopped to see my brother Doug and his wife Diane. They just moved into their new home in Breckenridge. What a beautiful house and view of the Rockies! From there we left and completed the journey to Utah to host this year’s Ultimate Adventure trip. We have participants from PA, NJ, and NY, 10 in all. More info on the trip will be on our Facebook page and in the July report.
I did have a number of opportunities to share the Gospel with individuals this month. One of my favorite ones was when we had some landscapers come to remove some intrusive bushes that were growing behind and into our electric service and siding. They did great work and I had a wonderful opportunity to share the Gospel with them. I used the Way of the Master to show them their sin and need for a Savior and gave them Gospels of John to read. They were very attentive and asked a number of questions. Based on the expressions on their faces and questions they asked I am certain the Holy Spirit was at work in their hearts. Marty is a US Army veteran and a Native American. Chris is from the Bayou. I gave them my card and asked them to call me with questions. Chris told me he would read the entire Gospel tonight when he went home. Please pray for them as they come to mind.
“Hey Don and Cathy! Today was a great time to read your ministry report as I have the opportunity in a couple of hours to share the gospel with the man who is coming to fix my car in a couple hours. Your prayer request that God would continue to help you recognize and take advantage of the divine appointments really applies to me recently. I´m waking up from another stagnant season, and thrilled to see God answering my prayer for a witnessing buddy. Being on Nantucket (I came to listen to Don in Brewster, MA last Summer) is a totally different and intimidating culture for me. What a spiritual battle! Praying for Matt who was mentioned in the testimony and praying for your leg, Don. Can´t wait to meet you someday Cathy! Keep up the good work friends!”
JULY - SEPTEMBER SCHEDULES
• July 1-7 - Ultimate Adventure trip to Utah
• July 16 - MAD Live Event - Mountain View Community Church, Culpeper, VA
• July 20-23 - Present 3 mini MAD seminars and have a booth display - Kingdom Bound Christian Music Festival, Darien Lake, NY
• July 28 – Arthroscopic surgery to repair the completely torn Meniscus in my left knee
• July 30 - MAD Live Event with Pillar College, Somerset, NJ
• July 31 - MAD Live Event - Crossroads Community Church, Indian Mills, NJ
• August 6 - Walk thru the Bible Old Testament seminar - Cape Community Church, Cape May Courthouse, NJ
• August 6 - Preach at Saturday evening worship service - The Lighthouse Church of the Christian and Missionary Alliance, Cape May Courthouse, NJ
• August 7 - Preach at both Sunday morning worship services - The Lighthouse Church of the Christian and Missionary Alliance, Cape May Courthouse, NJ
• August 20 - MAD Live Event - Crestview Baptist Church, Canton, NC
• August 28 - Preach 3 times at Sunday morning worship services - Valley Forge Baptist Temple, Valley Forge, PA
• Sept 6 - Walk thru the Bible Old Testament Seminar - Cape Community Church, Cape May Courthouse, NJ
• Sept 6 - Preach at the Saturday Evening Service - Lighthouse Church of the C&MA, Cape May Courthouse, NJ
• Sept 7 - Preach at both Morning Services - Lighthouse Church of the C&MA, Cape May Courthouse, NJ
• Sept 20 - MAD Live Event - Crestview Baptist Church, Canton, NC
• Sept 28 - Preach at both Morning Services and the Evening Service at Valley Forge Baptist Temple, Valley Forge, PA
• For safe travels for Cathy, me, my granddaughter Maya, and those attending the 2016 Ultimate Adventure trip to Utah. Due to the impending surgery on my knee, I will not be able to lead most of the trip. More importantly, we have a family of 4 who are coming who don’t know the Lord. Please pray that the truth of God’s word will take root in their hearts and salvations will occur.
• We are really in need of your prayers AND help filling the schedule for the fall. It amazes me that it progressively gets harder and harder to get commitments, and even return calls from pastors. I struggle with frustration over the lack of interest and response.
• For us to be faithful with the Divine appointments God brings us each day
• I would like to start a Bible study in our neighborhood. Please pray that we will find receptive hearts willing to come and learn.
Love in Christ,
Cathy and Don