Friday, December 2, 2016

Divine Appointment

I arrived at our hotel before our Annual meeting tomorrow. After unloading the luggage cart I headed to the elevator. A lady got off the elevator just before I reached it and was walking sown the hallway in the same direction I was headed. She had a limp, was walking with a cane, was dragging a rolling suitcase and carrying another bag. I entered the elevator and returned the luggage cart to the lobby. As the elevator doors opened at my floor she was walking past the elevator going in the opposite direction. I commented that I had just seen her walking in the other direction. She then asked if room 327 was in the new direction she was walking and I said, “Yes”! I asked if I could help her carry her bags and she gratefully said, YES”!. I took the rolling suitcase and the bag she was carrying and we walked down the hall. S he said she had just arrived after a 10 hour drive from IL and I told here we had just arrived after a 9 hour drive from TN. We talked a little more and she unlocked the door to her room. I brought the luggage in and set it down. She thanked me again and I left. I had give out the one Gospel I had in my pocket earlier at dinner, but I had more literature in my room. So I retrieved a “One Second After You Die” booklet and returned to her room. I knocked at the door, she answered it and I asked if I could share something with her that had changed my life and eternity. She excitedly agreed and I explained what the booklet was about and asked if she would accept it and read it. She smiled and said, “Yes! This is probably exactly what I need to read after the trip from ‘H’ ‘E’ “Double hockey sticks’. We smiled and sai goodbye. It’s all about God’s timing. It was perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment