Sunday, March 8, 2015

Two More MAD Live Events done!

I did my 4th MAD Live Event at the Calvary Church in Jupiter on Saturday. I was blessed by the folks who attended and had a chance to minister to.

After completing the training in Jupiter Florida, Ron and I headed north to Mineola. On the way, my Indian motorcycle had some error codes related to a clutch sensor. We stopped and after restarting the motorcycle, they went away. We had some rain on the way up, but not too much. We arrived safely in Minneola and met Pastor Bob. He took us out to dinner at Sonny's Barbecue, and we had a waitress named Jennifer. We offered to pray for Jennifer and I filled out a Gospel of John with a personal note to her. I laid it on the bench next to me, and apparently it's slipped between the bench and the wall and I didn't realize it. So as we went to leave, I couldn't find the Gospel of John. I realized that it must've fallen between the bench and the wall. So I pulled out another Gospel of John and wrote her a second note. As we began to leave, Ron thought he could pull the booth away from the wall. He pulled it out and I was able to retrieve the original Gospel of John. We joked that at our next restaurant we would have to get a waitress named Jennifer, so we could use the Gospel of John that we wrote Jennifer’s name in. This morning Pastor Bob came by and took us out to breakfast at the Cracker Barrel. As we entered we were joking about asking for a waitress named Jennifer so we could share the already completed Gospel of John with her. As we walked up to the hostess station, guess what happened…the hostess’ name was Jennifer! The three of us laughed in amazement and I asked if she would be our waitress. She said “no” because she would be serving as the hostess today. We ended up with the waitress named Cindy and were able to get a prayer request from her and pray for her. As we prayed, the Lord laid it on my heart to go up and share the Gospel of John with Jennifer, the hostess. I explained the situation to her and she said “oh my, I was at church last night and there are some things going on in my life and I felt like I needed someone to pray for me, but I didn’t ask anyone to pray for me. And now you came in and offered to pray for me!” We talked about her faith, and she professed to be born again. She asked me to pray for an unspoken request, which we did. We are both amazed at how God connected the two of us today.

We then traveled to Minneola to do a Live Event that the Alliance Church. At 9:40 AM, while the leadership was praying for the event which started at 10, when an explosion occurred just outside the room we were in. It sounded like a transformer blew and the lights went out. We opened our eyes and commented how that was not good. I thought that for the first time I would be doing the training without any audio or visual or Powerpoint. We finished praying, went outside, and the electric company had just arrived...that fast in a Sunday? He looked at the pole and said it was juts a large fuse. He said he'd have it replaced in 5 minutes! At 10:03, the lights came back on! Wow! All praise to God that one teen gave his life to Christ at the training. Ron and I headed back to Daytona, stopped for dinner and had a great conversation with a sister in the Lord and server at the restaurant name Kayle. She is a senior in high school. We had great conversation with her and prayed for her request. Then we completed our trip to Daytona. I am whipped and it is time for bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment