Tuesday, March 10, 2015

A Better Day than yesterday!

I never thought we could top what the Lord let us do yesterday, but today it happened. We began our day by going to an old favorite breakfast place called, “It’s All Good!” We haven’t been there yet this year. We were greeted by a waitress named Dee, who originally was from Queens, NY. We have had her as a server many time over the years, so we have shared the Gospel with her and gave her Gospels of John in the past. We prayed for her again today and this time, I left the “One Second After You Die” booklet with a great tip after we prayed for her request.

As we headed north on Route 1, we passed Walker’s Honda, and Erik Buell’s tractor trailer display was set up in the parking lot. As Ron is a Buell owner, we couldn’t pass up stopping to see what they had on display. Ron ended up in a long conversation with the Eastern Regional Sales Manager, a man from New Hampshire. He shared the Gospel with him and gave him a Gospel of John. As we were getting ready to leave, a man named Steve came over to talk with me about my Indian. He was originally from Binghamton, NY and I ended up sharing the Gospel with him before we left for the Speedway.

We then went to the Speedway vendor area to walk through and see what we had missed from the day before. We pulled our bikes right into the vendor area as we did yesterday and walked around for a while. I needed to stop at the Scala Rider booth to get some remedial help in how to use the comm devices Ron and I had on our helmets so we could talk while riding. Then I discovered something! If I parked my bike and just sat on it, people came “from everywhere” to engage in a conversation about the Indian. First, a man named Steve came by and we talked about the bike. He is from Florida but has moved around quite working in the gambling industry before he retired. I saw an opening so I asked if I could ask him a personal question. He said, “sure”. I said, “Since you spent your entire career working in the gambling industry, are you going to gamble where you’ll spend eternity?” He said, “That doesn’t sound like a smart thing to do.” We then had a lengthy spiritual discussion. He was raised Catholic but gave up on the religion when he was very young. I took him through the “Way of the Master” 10 Commandment questions and he realized that he was going to stand guilty before God…if there was a God. Because he had doubts about God and the Bible, I gave him a “One Second After You Die” booklet and he said he would definitely read it. I asked if I could pray for him and he agreed. I placed my hand on his shoulder, and he put his arm on my back as I prayed. Steve then said that he believed that we met for a reason and I assured him that this was the case. We met because a sovereign God connected us because He wanted Steve in heaven with Him. Steve wanted my number and email address so I wrote it in the booklet.

Then a man named John came over to talk about the Indian. He didn’t own a motorcycle right now, but his friend just ordered an Indian like mine. He wanted to know how much I liked it and we talked motorcycles for a while. I asked if I could share something with him as his father walked over. His name is Jim. I shared the Gospel with both of them and gave each of them a Gospel of John to read.

I had parked the Indian right in front of the Scala Rider booth, and both men working the booth were named Mike. Mike (#1) helped me get the Scala Rider working with the bike and Ron came over as I spoke with both Mikes. God arranged so there were no distractions, and I asked if I could share something with them. We had a wonderful discussion about Christ and I gave them “One Second After You Die” booklets. They were very grateful and appreciated what we shared with them.

Ron and I then went north to Rossmeyer’s Destination Daytona H-D, the world’s largest H-D dealership. We wandered around their campus and ended up in J&P’s Cycles store. My leg was bothering me so I found a bench to sit on while Ron shopped for a seat pad. I laid my helmet on the bench next to me and a lady came over and asked if she could sit on the bench. I apologized for leaving it on the bench and she sat down. I asked where she was from and she said, “San Antonio”. She and her husband and several others rode their bikes to Daytona for the first time. We talked about their trip and ours and then I asked if she went to church anywhere. She said they were Catholics and I shared my “hope story” with her and gave her a Gospel of John, which she thanked me for and said she would read. I sat there for quite awhile and wondered what happened to Ron. I went looking for him and he was speaking with a lady named Sue, who was selling the seat pads he was looking for. Apparently, according to Ron, God brought there at exactly the right moment as she said she was a practicing Catholic. I shared my “hope story” with her and this lady had an incredible personal story that I don’t have the time to write about here. But basically she was wondering why everyone in her family had died and left her here, and she was wondering why she was still here. We explained that God kept her here so she could meet Ron and me, because God wanted her in heaven with Him when she died. He sent us to tell her how to make that decision. We shared a Gospel of John with her and clearly spelled out the plan of salvation. I also gave her a YouTube video link to check out that would clearly explain what we had shared with her.

We then left and head back to Daytona, stopping at Chick-fil-A for dinner. We had a young lady named Kentrice serve us at the counter. We had a nice discussion with her and she was a sweetheart. We asked if we could pray for her and she told us she was a senior in high school and was studying very had for the upcoming SAT and ACT tests for college. We prayed for her, I wrote a nice note to her in a Gospel of John and brought it up to her at the counter. I explained what it was, and she was overwhelmed by what we had done for her. All of the girls behind the counter gathered around her and they read the note I wrote. After her coworkers moved away, she continued reading it as I watched from the table.

Praise God for an incredible day with beautiful weather and Divine appointments!

No comments:

Post a Comment