Friday, March 13, 2015

Ministry on our last day in Daytona

Ron and I went to C’s Waffles for breakfast again today. We had a waitress named Kathy. She looked familiar to us and Ron figured out who she was. She was our waitress a number of years ago at “It’s All Good” in Port Orange where we used to go for breakfast. She is now working at C’s. As soon as he said that I remembered her. We would go there every day for breakfast and we got a different waitress every day. As usual, we offered to pray for our waitresses and we left a Gospel of John for them with a nice note in the front. On our last day in the area, a waitress that we had before told us that Kathy was disappointed as she was the only one who hadn’t received a Gospel with a note written in front. So I pulled out another Gospel, wrote her a note, and approached her as she stood at the kitchen serving window. As I walked up to her she kind of smiled and I reiterated what was told to me. I presented her with the Gospel of John, and I told her that I wanted to pray for her as well. She stammered and said, “Right here….right now”? I said, “Yes. Right here and right now. How can I pray for you today?” She game me a request and I put my hand on her shoulder and prayer for her as she stood there. It seemed like every eye in the restaurant was on us. She hugged me and thanked me and we left.

Kathy remembered us when Ron mentioned the other restaurant and she was very glad to see us again. Today we prayed for her and this time I left her a “One Second After You Die” booklet with a nice note in the front.

Ron and I then headed to the Speedway to test drive some motorcycles. I got to share with a number of people as we waited for our turn to ride. One man was from southern NJ. He is a Catholic and his name is Wayne. As we talked, Ron saw an opening and turned the conversation and I finished it with him because of my background. I also spoke with a man named Mike.

As I was waiting for Ron to gas up at a Sunoco station on International Speedway Blvd, a nice Honda motorcycle pulled up and stopped next to me. It definitely had some custom work done on it. The lady got off of the passenger seat and commented on how much she liked my Indian. Her husband and I got into a discussion about the bike, and I asked their names. They were Mike and Janet Jackson. Yep…Janet Jackson. As we finished our motorcycle conversation, I pulled a Gospel of John out of my pocket and explained it to them. They said they attended a church in Georgia and I quickly just confirmed that they had indeed surrendered to Christ in repentance and faith. They affirmed that they had, so I took them at their word (after planting a quick seed) and I suggested they keep the Gospel and share it with someone they come in contact with.

I ended up back in the Scala Rider booth to have them help with some of the tech questions and issues I had been experiencing. After getting the problems resolved, I spoke with the two Mikes about the booklet I had given them, and encouraging them to read it and let me know if they had any questions. They both agreed that they would contact me after reading it.

We took my cousin by marriage and his wife out for dinner to thank them for letting us stay with them. We prayed for our server named Randy and his son who had just called him about the steel belts coming through his tire. Randy asked us to pray that they would arrive at the Firestone dealer safely. After we prayed, Randy stopped back, thanked us and told us his son had arrived at the Firestone dealership and was having the tire replaced. As we were eating, I saw a Sheriff’s Deputy walk in and get seated. I felt his urge to go and share the Gospel with him. As I approached his table, I saw him bow his head and ask a blessing on his meal. I waited until he had finished, introduced myself to him and told him I was coming over to share Christ with him. He smiled and said I was too late. He already was a follower of Jesus. We talked for a while about the frustrations and struggles he’s facing on the job and I went back to my table. Again, I felt the prompting to go and speak with him and this time I felt that I needed to pray for him. So I returned to his table and asked if I could pray for him. He smiled and agreed. I laid my hand on his shoulder, he bowed his head and I prayed God’s blessing and protection on him and his family and that God would grant him discernment and discretion as he deals with the dangerous situations he finds himself in. He thanked me and I left.

As we reflect on what God had lined up for us down here, we are grateful for the privilege of serving Him. These trips always give us a “shot in the arm” and get us re-focused on what we’re here to do. The trip also gives me fresh new stories to share as I teach the M.A.D. Live event.

Tomorrow we’ll be heading back to Columbia ~ 400+ miles. I know God has additional Divine appointments planned for us as we travel north. We look forward to whom we’ll get to meet as we continue home. Please pray for safety and good weather for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment