Thursday, March 12, 2015

Different day today

We had an interesting day today. Ron and I had breakfast together and prayed for Marisol, our waitress. We wrote her a nice note in the cover of the Gospel of John that we left her. Ron then headed an hour and a half away to Ocala to visit some old friends for lunch. I went to the Speedway vendor area. I found a nice spot on a corner and was able to get in the shade of a large tent for most of the morning. I sat with my Indian and as people came by and showed interest in the bike, we talked about it and I shared when the opportunity arose.

I was amazed at how many Christian ministries had a presence at the Speedway. I’ve never seen this many different organizations at Bike Week. There were a number of booths where they were pulling people in to share Christ with them. Some of these groups offered the opportunity to enter their names in a drawing for a new motorcycle if they listened to a 3 minute Gospel presentation. They would then pray for the people and turn them loose with some tracts. I spoke with a number of my brothers and sisters in the Lord who were there to minister and gave out quite a few business cards to these people who were from all over the southern US. Lord willing some new doors of ministry will open for us.

One pastor at a booth and I had a nice discussion and he told me what their goals were in terms of how many salvations they wanted to see at Bike Week. He asked me what my goal was and I told him that my goal was to be faithful to share Christ with the people God connected me with and to leave the results to Him. He kept pressuring me to give him a number and I told him that I had no number because it’s not up to me. I have no control over how many people give their lives to Christ…that was God’s job. Mine was simply to share the good news with the people I connected with and it was up to God to cause the growth. The conversation was disturbing. I don’t believe that all of the Christian organizations that were there to minister had the same mentality and plan, but this one sure did. I mentioned to the Pastor that no one ever got saved in the Bible by praying a prayer, and if that was his goal, then he was just creating false converts. He seemed surprised by what I said.

It was VERY hot and humid all morning, and at about 1:00 I needed a drink. So I got on the bike and rode over to Chick-fil-A for some refreshment. I spoke with a number of people inside and outside and met a group of Christian school students from Miami who were on their way to a competition in Jacksonville. I shared our ministry with two of the leaders and gave them my card. They expressed some interest in having me do some ministry at the school at some point in the future. Then my abdomen started to bother me and I knew I had to get back to the house as something I had eaten was not agreeing with me. I made it back just in time (sorry…I know…TMI) and felt like I should stay at the house for the afternoon because I still felt a little weird.

Ron called at 5:30 PM and said he was just leaving Ocala…time had gotten away from him, and he was headed back to Daytona. Judy and Keith had a nice meal for us for dinner and we are calling it a day. One more day tomorrow to see who we’ll get to share with. Thanks for your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment