Saturday, August 1, 2015

5 Divine Appointments today

As I went to leave the hotel this morning at 7 AM, I went to the front office and rang the bell so they would open the door. An Indian lady came and let me in and I noticed a large Buddha statue on the counter of the front desk. I checked out and asked if I could share something with her as someone just got in line behind me. She said, “Sure.” I pulled out a “One Second After You Die” booklet, explained what it was and gave it to her to read. She seemed very grateful and said she would read it.

I then found a place to eat breakfast and got a server named Jonathan. I asked how I could pray for him and he gave me a very general half hearted request. I pressed him a little for something more specific and important to him and he opened up and asked me to pray for his Dad Vincent, who was having some kind of an issue with his brain. Doctors were trying to figure how to treat the problem. I agreed to pray for him and Jonathan put his hand on my shoulder, squeezed it and said, Thank you so much!”

I drove to the church and saw a Lobster Pound Restaurant on the way. Being a lobster is what I really wanted for dinner, I made up my mind to stop there after the training. I set up for the MAD Live Event and equipped 20 more people today. After I finished, I was loading the car in the 90 degree plus heat, and was quite sweaty. I decided to change my dress shirt before leaving. I picked out a “Lancaster County Choppers” T-shirt and put it on. I drove to the Lobster Pound Restaurant at about 3:20 PM – a little early for dinner, but tough…I’m eating now.

I went into the restaurant and a waitress named Oanna from Rumania selected a table for me to sit at. There was only one couple in the restaurant and they were on the other side of the room. As I sat down, the man saw my shirt and asked me if I was from Lancaster County, PA. I told him, “No. I’m from Berks County”. He said he was from Lancaster County and I inquired where. He replied, “Strasburg”. I told him I knew where that was, and asked if he was on vacation. They replied, “Yes, how about you?” I told them I was on the Cape to teach lifestyle evangelism. The conversation continued across the restaurant, and there was a lot of “spiritual” content. He asked me how I got into doing what I do, and I mentioned my police and computer background and he lit up. He and his family have been manufacturing body armor, ballistic shields, holsters and other police gear for years. We talked about police work and his wife commented about the variety of things I had done in my life. I finally asked where they went to church, and they told me that they don’t go to church, but the lady was raised Presbyterian, and he was raised Methodist. They also had some Catholic in their family. So I asked where he thought he would go if he died to today, and he said, “Heaven”. I asked him if he was sure of that and he said that there are many interpretations of the Bible and he believed that he would go to Heaven because he has always lived his life according to the 10 commandments. Bingo! So I asked him how he was doing with that. He said he was doing well, and I asked if I could put that to the test. He agreed. So we did the Way of the Master thing and he recognized that he had broken every one of the commandments. I explained that this is the reason that God sent His Son to die on the cross for our sins. If they surrendered their lives to the Lordship of Christ in repentance and faith, that a supernatural thing will happen to them and they’d be born again. They were closing out their check and I asked if I could get them something to read from the car. The agreed. I brought them a business card and a “One Second After You Die” booklet, explained the content, and told them to call me if they had questions. He said, “Yeah, you’re right up the road. We could get together for dinner and talk sometime.” I agreed.

Then I had a long conversation with Oanna and was able to share Christ with her as well, and of course, I left a great tip.

What a day….5 Divine appointments and two of them would never have happened if I hadn’t put that particular shirt on and stopped at the restaurant at that time. God is amazing, PTL!

No comments:

Post a Comment