Saturday, August 29, 2015

Today's Divine Appointment

I was reading my Bible this morning when I heard a repetitive thumping sound coming up the road. I glanced out the window and saw a car with both passenger tire tires flat driving up the road. I thought, he won’t be going too far like that.

Several hours later I went out to speak with farmers to try to find a place to archery hunt. As I went up the road I saw the same vehicle facing the opposite direction on my street with two people trying to pump up the flat tires. As I had an air compressor in the back of my truck, I pulled over, got out, opened the tailgate of my truck and pulled the air hose out. I filled the rear tire for them and ran out of air in the compressor, as I hadn’t filled it in some time. So I told them I’d be right back, turned my truck around and headed back down the street to my house. I connected an extension cord to the compressor, refilled it, and headed back up to the stranded father and son. I filled the front tire and made sure the back one was full as well. They thanked me profusely and wanted to know if they could buy me some beer to pay me back. I thanked them and said that wouldn’t be necessary, and that I had something for them. The looked at each other kind of puzzled, and I reached into the truck, pulled out a Gosple of John with the plan of salvation in it, and a One Second After You Die booklet. I gave the Gospel to the young man and the other booklet to his Dad. I explained what was in the book and how it could impact where they’d spend eternity. They thanked me for it and I went on with my business. PTL!

No comments:

Post a Comment