Friday, May 8, 2015

More Divine Appointments

The other day, while I was at the local school district helping them as they are still facing a shortage of bus drivers, I heard one of the lady drivers just ripping the Bible as a book of fairy tales that no one should believe. I went over, introduced myself and asked if I could ask her a hypothetical question. She agreed. I asked her what the chances would be that she could walk into a library, select 66 books covering a number of different genres, written by 40 different authors of varied backgrounds, over a period of 1,500 years, written in 3 different languages, on 3 different continents, and that these books when assembled together would have a central story line and theme, and that there’d be no contradictions. She said that would be impossible. I then told her that what I just described is the Bible, and that it is in fact a supernatural book that we call The Word of God. I then asked if I could share something with her. She agreed. I gave her a “One Second After You Die” booklet and asked her to read it and let me know what she thought of it. She agreed to do that and I will follow up with her next week.

Today I went in and they had me ride with a new driver (Maran, an Indian who emigrated here 8 years ago) and didn’t know the roads. I acted as his guide for the runs. In the course of conversation, he asked why I wasn’t helping in the afternoon runs. I explained that I could do the mornings because it was before my normal work time. He asked me what I did for a living and I told him that I had a ministry teaching in churches. He asked what I teach and I explained. He got very excited and told me that he liked reading about God. I asked him what he believed about God and he said he believed that there was one God and he created and sustained the universe. (that was good). I asked him if he believed that Jesus was the Son of God, and that He died on cross for our sins, and was raised from the dead. He said he believed that as well. I asked if he knew what God’s plan of salvation is. Maran said he didn’t. So I shared the Gospel with him and he looked at me and said that “God must have brought you to the bus garage to meet me, and I believe that we meet everyone we meet for a reason”. (very insightful….I began to wonder if he had been through a MAD Live Event!). I told him that what he said is exactly what I teach, and that is why we met…because God wants to forgive him of his sins and grant him eternal life in heaven. I invited him to go to church with us next week when we are home. He seemed very interested and asked about the church. He the requested a business card and I gave him one and a “One Second After You Die” booklet. He thanked me over and over again and said he’d read it this weekend. I look forward to catching up with him on Monday.

I also got to pray for a waitress today named Aja and share the Gospel with her. God is good!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment