Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Divine Appointment

Today we had to run an errand and Cathy suggested having breakfast out. We stopped at a local iHop and had a server from India named Raja. I did our normal routine and told him that we always asked God to bless our meal and we always prayed for our server. God had chosen him to be our server and I asked how we could pray for him today. He gave me a simple request and Cathy and I asked God to bless our meal and we brought Raja’s request before the Lord. We also asked the Lord to use the literature we’d be leaving to draw Raja to Himself and that he’d be saved.

A short time later Raja returned to our table and asked me why I offered to pray for him. I explained that we do it every time we go out to eat. I asked him what he believed, and he gave me a very general philosophical answer. I asked him what the source of his beliefs were and how did he know his source(s) were true. He didn’t have a good answer for that, but said it was a ”feeling” that he had having been born and raised in India with so many different religions to be exposed to. I simply shared the Gospel with him and told him that I was leaving him a Gospel of John to read. I then gave him a “One second after you die” booklet, and explained what is in it. He thanked me for it and put it in his apron. I told him that my contact info was in the gospel and if he had any questions, to please call me. He said he would. PTL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment