Thursday, May 7, 2015

Divine surprise

Tonight I went to a local sub shop to get a sandwich for dinner. It is called the “Steak Shack”, and it is located in a shopping center parking lot not far from home (great cheesesteaks!). There was an older lady who arrived just before me. She placed her order at the drive up window, pulled around the building and parked, waiting for her order to be ready. I placed my order at the drive up window pulled around the building, parking next to her. A short time later I looked in my rear view mirror and the lady in the sub shop was waving attempting to get the attention of the lady parked next to me. I called out to her to let her know her sandwich was ready. She attempted to start her car and it wouldn’t start. I went over to see if I could help and her battery was definitely dead. I asked her where she lived and she told me Wernersville on Hill Road where the older folk’s home was. I told her that I lived not far from there and if she wanted, I would be happy to drive her home. She thanked me and said she had AAA and she would eat her sandwich in the car and wait for them. I asked if I could share something with her and she said, “Sure!”. I pulled out a “One Second After You Die” booklet and began to explain the plan of salvation to her. She stopped me and said that it wasn’t necessary as she had already been born again. I asked her what church she went to and she told me “Glad Tidings”. I told her that I had spoken there before and she said, “Yes. You’re Don Sunshine”. Wow. That was a surprise. I asked if she needed anything else and she assured me she was fine, so I left. Small world.

No comments:

Post a Comment