Sunday, May 3, 2015

Divine appointment today

Friday I was blessed to be able to share the Gospel with 4 people. Yesterday there were two. Today I went for a motorcycle ride with my friend John. Of course, John had an ice cream stop planned. I was sitting at a picnic table with my back to the Indian and a guy walked over, looked at the motorcycle and commented how beautiful the bike is. He asked if I minded telling him how much it cost. I got up and had a nice discussion with him about the Indian and its features. He and his wife were riding a H-D. After the motorcycle conversation was at end, I asked if I could share something with him. I reached into my saddle bag and pulled out a Gospel of John with the plan of salvation in it and explained it to him. He said that he has a tough life physically...a heart attack that resulted in him coding 3 times before they brought him back. He shattered a disk in his spine and had to have it replaced with a synthetic one. He showed me the scar on the front of his neck where they went on to fix it. Now he has to go in for hip surgery! I asked if I could pray for him and he said, "YES....PLEASE DO!" I laid hands on him and prayed for his healing and a quick return to some type of a normal life. After finishing the prayer, I commented that God spared him when he coded so he could meet me today, because God really wants Chris and his wife Kelly in Heaven with Him. He said he believes that and thanked me for praying for him and sharing the Gospel with him. God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment