Saturday, July 18, 2015

I'm not born again....I'm a Baptist

Tonight we went out to dinner with our son, daughter-in-law and 2 grandkids. We had a short wait for a table, so my family sat on the benches in the lobby of the restaurant. I sat on one by myself as the other benches were now full. A lady came in with her adult daughter and granddaughter. They were told they'd have a very short wait. They walked over to the bench I was sitting on and I stood up and offered them my seat. The older said, "Thank you, but if I sit down, I won't be able to get back up." I smiled and said I'd beguiled to help her get up. She smiled, thanked me and sat down. A few minutes later the hostess called their name, and as I was standing next to the bench, I reached out and she grasped my hand and I pulled her to her feet. She thanked me and I told her to yell when she wanted to leave the restaurant, and I'd come help her get up (with a smile). She laughed and went with the hostess.

As I sat across the restaurant from her I felt like I needed to share Christ with her. So I got up and went across the restaurant to find them. She saw me coming and smiled. I asked if she had a whistle to blow to get my attention when she wanted to leave. She laughed. I introduced myself and asked if I could share something with her. She said that would be fine. I asked her what she believed spiritually and she told me she was a Baptist. I asked her if she was born again and she said, "No. I am a baptist." !!!!! I handed her a "One Second After You Die" booklet and told her she needed to be a "born again Baptist". I then explained what the booklet was about and offered it to her as a gift if she would read it. She said she definitely would read it and I told her it was nice meeting her and went back to my table.

"I'm not born again....I am a Baptist".....pricelss!

No comments:

Post a Comment