Tuesday, March 1, 2016

February 2016 Ministry Report

How The Lord Used Us In February of 2016

PLEASE NOTE OUR NEW ADDRESS:

56 Mulberry Bend

Jonesborough, TN 37659

Greetings in the powerful name of Jesus!

It’s been a crazy month, with moving 500 miles to TN, trying to get unpacked and settled, and still doing ministry work. We have been doing a LOT of driving this month as most of our ministry has been scheduled for the northeast. We’re getting to know Interstate 81 really well! We praise God for allowing us to complete 4 MAD Live Events and a speaking engagement at the Iron Sharpens Iron Men’s Conference in Fredericksburg, VA in February. God’s Holy Spirit is still busy convicting people of sin and drawing people to the Father through our efforts. We were blessed to see 5 people come to faith in Christ this past month. Praise God!

I had the privilege of speaking at the Iron Sharpens Iron Men's Conference in Fredericksburg, VA. It was extra special because my son was there to help me. About 600 men attended. Each of the 9 seminar speakers had 45 seconds to pitch their seminar, and the men got to decide which one they wanted to attend. Mine was entitled, "Nailing Your Colors to the Mast". I was assigned to the choir room and we had an overflow crowd. Every seat was filled, and John solicited help from one of the staff to get more chairs. They added 17 chairs to the front of the room and more people flowed in from two entrances. They sat on the floor all around me and into the hallways. I couldn't move forward, backward, left, or right because of all of the men. John counted 90 men in the room! Afterwards, a teenager came up to me and told me he had given his life to Jesus Christ at the seminar. Praise the Lord! The amazing thing about it was John spoke with him and he told John that he doesn't go to church. He was walking by the church and saw all of the cars on a Saturday and decided to walk in. He heard my pitch, chose to attend my seminar and got save!!! What an amazing God we serve!!!!

Some testimonies to bless and encourage you: “At a WV rest stop, I met Hector taking a break from the rain as he is riding a Honda Xr650r dual sport packed with all his belongings in garbage bags bungeed to the seat on his way to El Paso Texas. God talk and a prayer. I asked him if I could pray for him. He stood up and said that his cousin from Puerto Rico is a pastor and was just telling him he needed to get serious about a relationship with Christ. We talked about that and he said, "yes, please pray for me." So I Prayed with him that God would draw him to Himself and that Hector's life would be all centered on Christ as well as for his safety and provision all the way through the blizzard that is scheduled on his route. Hector is from Puerto Rico too. I talked to him about my visit there. I mentioned that I rode horse back while visiting there and he mentioned that he was a professional horse trainer. We connected in several ways. It was so cool. Prayer and big hug and we departed. I asked him if he had a bible as I was ready to give him a Gospel of John and he said, "yes, right in my bag." I said, "and now soaking wet?" "No, it is well protected." He had a Walmart rain suit with bread bags duct taped to his sneakers. My kind of guy! Add him to your prayers for the next couple of days.“

Here’s one more - “Each new session we loose, and gain players for our adult league ice hockey team. I began last spring by giving one Gospel of John to each team member, and telling them that I am committing to pray for them on a particular day each week. New members receive one each new session, and this reminds the others that they are still prayed for. This is written inside the cover: (Player's Name) Each session I commit to pray for the team. Every (day of week) I pray for you. Please let me know if there is something you would like me to pray about. I then put my telephone number and email address. No one has ever called or emailed with a request, but it is amazing what they mention in the way of needs while dressing for a game.”

2016 ULTIMATE ADVENTURE TRIP TO UTAH

We still need at least 3 more people for the 2016 trip. If you have interest in coming, I NEED TO HEAR FROM YOU NOW. Please contact me if interested.

MARCH and APRIL SCHEDULE

• March 6-12 - Daytona Bike Week with Pastor Ron Woudenberg and Charlie York

• March 13 - MAD Live Event - Bible Baptist Church of Fort Pierce, FL

• March 19 - MAD live Event - The Chapel at Warren Valley, Washington Twp, NJ

• March 20 - MAD Live Event - Zarephath Christian Church, Zarephath, NJ

• April 2 - MAD Live Event - Cape Community Church, Cape May Courthouse, NJ

• April 9 - MAD Live Event - Christ Chapel, Hickory, NC with “106.9 The Light” (Billy Graham’s Flagship Radio Station)

• April 16 – Speak at the first Iron Sharpens Iron Men’s Conference in Grand Rapids, MI

• April 23 – Walk thru the Bible Old Testament Seminar – Hand in Hand Church, Elmira, NY

• April 24 – MAD Live Event – Park United Methodist Church, Sinclairville, NY

• April 30 – Speak at the 25th Anniversary Dinner of “Share the Power”, the Lehigh Valley Pastoral Ministerium

PRAYER REQUESTS

• Please pray for us as we ride motorcycles to FL and minister to the people God connects us with. We covet the Lord’s safety, good weather and recognition of the Divine appointments he gives us.

• For God to fill our 2016 Schedule

Love in Christ,

Cathy and Don

No comments:

Post a Comment