Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Day 1 of Daytona Bike Week 2016

We had a great 1st day of ministry in Daytona. Ron and I spent the day at the speedway. For the first time since I started coming here, the speedway construction is complete and there are many, many vendors lined up outside the speedway. It took us a while to find places to park our bikes. As we parked, a man pulled up behind me and asked if he could park behind me. I told him that was fine as we would leave by pulling forward. We ended up in a conversation, and his name is Mark. He is a retired UPS driver from Kansas City. I asked if I could share something with him and he agreed. I shared the Gospel with him and gave him a Gospel of John to read. I asked if I could pray for him and he told me that would be great! I put my hand on his shoulder and prayed for him and for his salvation. He agreed to read the Gospel and he would call me if he had questions.

I then took a demo ride of the new Victory Octane. Wow! What a bike! As I exited the demo area, a young man with a Victory shirt came over to me to ask what I thought of the bike. His name was Jason and he was one of the Mechanical Engineers who designed and built the Octane. We talked about motorcycles for a while and I finally asked him what he believed. He said he was a Christian. I asked what kind of a Christian? He said, "A Catholic Christian." I told him that I was raised Catholic and shared my testimony with him. He told me that he went to Catholic schools his whole life. I asked him if he had ever heard the term "born again". He said he had never heard of it. I then asked,"If I told you that Jesus said that unless you are born again you can never see or enter the Kingdom of God, would that concern you? He said "Yes!!!!" I then gave him a Gospel of John and explained it was in John Chapter 3. I told him that he would find the exact same words from Jesus in his Bible if he looked. I shared the plan of salvation with him and asked if I could pray for him while we were standing there in the vendor area. He agreed and I placed my hand on his shoulder and prayed for his salvation. He took the Gospel and thanked me. I wrote my name and number in the front in case he had questions.

We also prayed for two waitresses, Lori and Heather today. I am excited about who we'll be connecting with tomorrow. Thanks for your continued prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment