Thursday, March 10, 2016

Day 3 at Daytona Bike Week

We had another beautiful day at Bike Week. We prayed for a waitress at breakfast and at dineer. Charlie and Dave had shared the Gospel with a vendor named John several years ago. We visited his booth today as Charlie wanted to purchase a replacement Marine logo emblem for his bike. I had the opportunity to water the seed that was planted several years ago.

While standing in line to test drive an Indian motorcycle, God arranged for me to be next to two guys from Binghamton, NY. We had a nice conversation and I was able to share the Gospel with them and give each of them a Gospel of John to reinforce what was shared.

Later I was sitting under the tent at the Indian display and saw a lady with a cute little dog that looked kind of like our Schi-Poo “Buddy”. I asked her what kind of dog she was and she told me it was a Yorki-Poo named Suzanne. I saw another Yorki-Poo yesterday at the Advance Auto booth. I petted her dog as we talked and I showed her a photo of our dog. We ended up in a spiritual discussion and she told me that she reads “Our Daily Bread” every day. After more conversation, it was apparent that she did not have a personal relationship with Christ, so I shared the Gospel with her (Jo) and gave her a Gospel of John to read.

Ron and I were sitting at a table behind where our bikes were parked. I was looking at the license plates of the bikes and noticed the one closest to me was from NJ. A guy eventually came over to the bike and was gearing up to leave. I walked over and asked where he was from and he said, “Montclair”. For those who don’t know where that is, it is the town right next to where I was born and raised. I was also a police officer in cedar Grove, which also borders part of Upper Montclair. He was amazed at what a small world we live in and I asked where he was originally from, because he had a Spanish accent. He told me he was originally from Mexico and moved to NJ when his wife got an acting job on Broadway. His name was Luis and he was a stage manager for a theatre in NYC. I asked if he took mass transit to work and he told me he rides one of his 2 motorcycles to work almost every day!!! I suggest that was a little “nuts” and he laughed and said you get used to it and it is never a problem finding a place to park. I then asked if he was a Catholic and he told me he is an atheist. I asked if I could share something with him and he said yes. I pulled out a “One Second after You Die” booklet and shared the Gospel and what was in the booklet. He thanked me for it and said he would read it. Indeed….what a small world except, this is a beautiful example of a Divine appointment made by a sovereign God. PTL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment