Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Day 2 at Bike Week

Day 2 in Daytona is complete. We got to share the Gospel with a waitress named Sherry this morning.

We then head to Destination Daytona Harley Davidson to see what was there. I met Pete, who sells the Butt Buffer that is installed in the saddle of my bike. I had shared the Gospel with him 2 years ago in Daytona and it turned out that he lived in PA about 1/2 from my house. I traded my Harley in for the Indian 2 years ago and wanted a Butt Buffer installed in my new saddle. So I met him at his shop in Ephrata, PA and watered the seed I had previously planted. He seemed interested in what I shared so I gave him my set of Chip Ingram's "Why I Believe" CDs to listen to when he returned to Bike Week last year. He started to listen to them and got angry and turned it off. He returned them to me and said, "No thank you".

This past December when I sent out my monthly report, I accidentally sent it to him. He responded and told me to keep sending them as he enjoyed reading them! We spoke at length today and he kept thanking me for sending him my reports. we'll see what happens going forward.

I also got to share Christ with a salesman from Kuryakyn while we were at Destination. He listened and got very uncomfortable towards the end of the conversation. He did take the Gospel of John and I pray he reads it. Then it's up to the Father to draw him to Himself.

At dinner, we met Charlie York who rode his bike down 600 miles from TN today. We had a server named Joe, who is headed to the police academy soon to become a cop. We connected on police work, prayed for him, and gave him a Gospel of John with a nice personal note to read.

Ron also shared the Gospel with several people today.

No comments:

Post a Comment