Monday, April 25, 2016

Divine Appointment

I was driving towards home after the MAD Live event in NY. I stopped for dinner then headed south. I was looking for a Comfort Inn to stay at because I was getting tired but wasn't having any success. I searched the GPS and none appeared anywhere near my location. In Washington, PA there was an exit with a number of hotels, but Comfort Inn wasn't mentioned on the signs. I looked to my left as I passed the exit and there was the hotel I wanted! I drove to the next exit, turned around and went back."

I met a man from India named Serma behind the desk at the hotel. He checked me and and saw the cross on the from of my short and asked what the shirt said. I showed him the front of the shirt. It read, "This shirt is illegal in 53 countries; Restricted Nations - 40; Hostile areas 13" He read it and asked me if that was true. I said, "Yes and it's probably worse now then when the shirt was printed." I asked him ro read the back of the shirt and turned around. The back had a large cross on it and quoted Romasn 1:16 - " I am not ashamed of the Gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes." He read it out loud and asked what that meant. I asked him what he believed and he said he didn't follow any particular religion but believed there was a man named Jesus. I shared the Gospel with him and he listened intently. I told him that I was going out to get my luggage and I would bring him something to read. I retrieved a "One Second after you die" booklet and a Gospel of John. I have him both booklets and explained them to him. He told me he would read them and let me know if he had any questions. I gave him my card with my contact info.

Praising God for this Divine appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment