Friday, June 5, 2015

Divine appointments in Horseheads, NY!

I traveled to Horseheads New York and met a Pastor Randy and his wife Helen for dinner tonight. I will be teaching the MAD live event in their church tomorrow.

We had the opportunity to get a prayer request from our waitress named Tiffany and prayed for her request. At the table adjacent to us, I saw a man and a woman sitting with a young boy in a wheelchair. The young boy had no hair and had many scars across the top of his scalp. As clear as day, the Holy Spirit prompted me to go over and pray for the boy. I went over and introduced myself to them and told them that I was from PA and that the Holy Spirit had told me to pray for the boy. The lady gladly accepted my offer. She is his grandmother and told me that they had their grandson for the weekend and took him out to dinner. I asked the boy what his name was, and he replied “Dakota”. I asked how old he was and he said he was 12 years old. I asked if he was in 5th or 6th grade, and he said he was just finishing 5th grade. I questioned them what as to what he was suffering from. The grandmother mentioned some type of cancer that he had, which they thought was in remission. Something new had cropped up and now he needed to go for more tests. I went to lay my hand on his shoulder to pray and his grandmother quickly grasped his hand and asked him to hold mine, and I grabbed the grandfather’s hand and prayed for him. What came out of my mouth was a very bold prayer asking for healing and salvation. I ended the prayer “in Jesus’ name” and they thanked me. I told them I wanted to get something for Dakota from my car and they said they would wait for it. I came back with a “Bridge” tract and a Gospel of John for them to read. While I was outside, Pastor Randy told the grandparents that they’d be praying for his healing and invited them to church. They were so touched by the experience, that they said they would like to come and visit. Pastor Randy also invited Dakota to a carnival that they would be hosting and told him he would be honored if Dakota came as his special guest. They were excited! After they left, Helen told me that several waitresses who had witnessed what happened came up to the table one at a time and told them that we had impacted their lives by what we did. One waitress said she had worked there for 5 years and had never seen anything that had impacted her so much. Praise the Lord! What a great start to a full weekend of ministry!

No comments:

Post a Comment