Friday, March 7, 2014

Wrong seat!

We were greeted by drizzle this morning as we began our day of ministry. It was cold and windy most of the day. After having breakfast and praying for our waitress Patti, Ron and I headed over to the speedway so we could visit vendors and share Christ. We were able to share our faith and a Gospel of John with a number of vendors. Ron and I each had some one on one encounters with people who stopped and started conversations with us. We took our hosts to dinner tonight to thank them for the lodging for the week. The selected the Golden Coral. We had a nice meal and several of us went to grab a dessert. I walked back to the table and sat down. No one had returned to the table yet. I looked at the table behind me and it was empty, just as it was when I left. There was a gray sweatshirt kind of garment on the chair next to mine. Ron was wearing a gray “something” as I recall. I stretched out the arm of the sweatshirt and thought….this looks too small to be Ron’s. As I am sitting there eating this small ice cream cone, something just doesn’t feel right. Am I in the right seat? A woman walks up to the table and gets ready to sit on the other side of the table. She looks at me and says, “I think you’re at the wrong table.” I said, “Yes, I am!” I got up and walked around the corner and found the right table. Too funny.

Tomorrow promises to start cold…around 50 degrees, but will warm up as the day progresses. We have about 300 miles to ride tomorrow to get to Naples in time for dinner with our host family. We’ll do a MAD Live Event on Sunday at the Berean Baptist Church, then ride back to Daytona, arriving late Sunday evening. We covet your prayer for safety, no mechanical issues or accidents and for God’s Spirit to move mightily in the hearts of the people there.

No comments:

Post a Comment