Thursday, March 6, 2014

Best day of ministry yet!

Ron and I woke up to some rain today. So we donned our rain gear and headed out to breakfast. We had a waitress named Becky and we shared a Gospel of John with her and prayed for her and her Mom Kathy. We then went to Destination Daytona to check out the vendors. I saw the butt "Buffer Booth" and wanted to stop there and let Ron look at the gel pads to see if one of them could make him more comfortable on the long rides. In the course of conversation, it turns out that Pete lives in Ephrata, PA...about 20 minutes from my house and Jim lives in Mechanicsburg, PA. Jim is a Catholic and Pete is an Agnostic or Atheist (he wasn't quite sure). I had a great conversation with each of them, sharing my testimony and the plan of salvation in detail. I gave Jim a Gospel of John and I gave Pete the One Second After You Die book.

We eventually ended up at the Cycle Gear store to help them move their inventory into a U-Haul truck to make room for the Bike Night tonight. I had volunteered to help them when we were in the store yesterday. Ron and I cleared the showroom section ourselves...moving boxes of helmets, boots, bike covers, AVT jacks, and wheel chocks into the truck. Several of the store employees organized the goods in the back of the truck as we brought it in. When we were done, the manager, Mauro, and the 4 other employees were a little stunned that we came down to help expecting nothing in return. We just explained that we wanted to serve. I went to the back of the store to get my helmet and met Sal in the back room. If I judged by appearance, he would have been the lease interested in what I had to share. Boy would I have been wrong! He had tattoos all over and up his neck and he was a pretty big dude. I started a conversation with him and gave a complete Gospel presentation and my testimony. He hung on every word and was shocked and very interested in the fact the he could know for sure where he was going to spend eternity. He seemed VERY concerned about his eternal destination. I shared the Gospel of John with him and he saw the other book in my hand (One Second After You Die), and asked if he could have that one as well. I said, "sure" and gave him one. He said he would keep them with him and he would definitely read them today. We talked for a total of about 10 minutes and he asked if he could have my number if he had questions. ABSOLUTELY! He kept thanking me and I hope to hear back from him. I then went to each of the other employees, Jim, Omar, Aaron, and Manager Mauro and shared my testimony and the Gospel with them. Jim had some interest. Omar and Aaron not so much. When I finally got to Mauro, an Italian Catholic, he too, hung on every word and we never broke eye contact through the whole discussion. I gave him my phone number as well and we'll see what the Lord does! What a day...thank you Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment