Sunday, March 2, 2014

A VERY Cool Divine Appointment!

We completed the MAD Live Event at the Port St. Lucie Bible Church today, packed the bikes up and prepared to head 155 miles north to Daytona. We stopped for dinner on the way and prayed for our waitress and her teenage daughters. We left her a Gospel of John with a nice note in it with a good tip.

As we left the restaurant, the temperature was dropping so I thought it would be best to replace the mesh riding jacket I had been wearing with my leather one. That way I wouldn’t have to stop and change as the temperature continued to drop. Ron kept his lightweight jacket on and we continued north. After awhile, my gas began to get low and I thought we’d need to be stopping in the next 20 miles or so to refuel. Ron passed me and pulled in front of me. as we traveled up Route 95. I followed him for a little while, then pulled out to pass him. As soon as I pulled out he put his right turn signal on to exit, so I pulled in behind him. Ron got off the exit and pulled into a gas station. It was pretty empty except for a Mercedes parked on the side of the building. I began gassing my bike and the man from the Mercedes came over to me and asked if I knew where the closest repair shop was. I asked him what the problem was and he said he didn’t know exactly, but he was overheating and other things were not right. I said I would take a look at it and suspected he had a problem with his serpentine belt. I opened the hood of his car and shined my light behind the radiator and the problem was obvious. His belt was shredded. I reached in and pulled out a handful of spaghetti like black shreds of his former serpentine belt and said, “Here’s the problem.” He wasn’t going anywhere tonight. We discussed his options and he said he was going to get a tow and get someone to drive him home 180 miles south. I detected a familiar NY accent and asked where he was from. “Brooklyn” he replied. I told him my Dad was born and raised in Brooklyn. I asked what their names were, and he said “Mike and Gina”. I introduced Ron and myself and asked if I could share something with them and he said, “Sure.” I pulled out a Gospel of John and briefly explained what it was. He told me he was a Catholic and I explained that I was too, but that I had found the truth, briefly explaining the difference between religions and a relationship with God through His Son Jesus Christ. I told him that I was sure that I was going to Heaven when I died and I wanted him and his wife to be there too. I then asked him if I could pray for them. They looked at each other and said “yes”. I put my hand on Mike’s shoulder and Ron put his hand on Gina’s shoulder and I prayed for them, thanking God for allowing us to meet them. I also said that even though this was an inconvenience for them, that this was ordained of the Lord so we could meet them and share Christ with them. There was more content in the prayer and when I concluded the prayer, Gina was in tears. She crossed herself, said, “thank you” and walked back to her car. Mike also thanked me and we walked away. I turned and saw Gina in the car and I waived goodbye to her. She waived back. After we remounted the bikes and began to leave, I glanced back and they were sitting on a picnic bench reading the Gospel of John! How cool is that! Praise God! This Divine appointment made the perfect ending to our day. I can’t wait to see whom we get to meet tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment