Thursday, January 23, 2014

Very cool Divine Appointment

Divine appointment – I went to the Chiropractor today. It is a 43 mile ride each way and I knew I would not be able to make it on the amount of gas that I had in the car. Sure enough, on my way home, the warning light came on and I decided to stop at the Love’s Truck Stop in Shartlesville as the gas is less expensive there that where I live. This is a very large station and almost all of the pumps were not being used. I selected a place to stop and began refueling my car. The windows of the car were covered with salt, so I decided to clean them with the station supplied squeegee. A car pulled in and stopped to the right of my car and I noticed the car had NJ plates on it. As I walked around to the rear of my car to clean the rear window, the lady from NJ said, “Excuse me…is your windshield washer freezing?” I said “no” and we began to discuss what might be causing hers to freeze up. She retrieved a gallon of windshield washer fluid from the rear of her car and showed it to me. It was good to 30 below zero. She sprinkled it on her windshield and turned her wipers on the clean the windshield. She then said that she didn’t have the time to keep stopping on her way home. I asked her where she lived in NJ, and she said, “Hoboken”. We talked about NJ a little and I asked where she was coming from. She said she was visiting her sister and then she started to cry. I asked her what was wrong and she said her sister was dying of cancer. I told her how sorry I was and asked if I could pray for her and her sister. She said, “YES!” I asked her name and what her sister’s name was. She said her sister’s name was Suzie and her name was Sissy. I put my hand on her shoulder and she said, "Before you pray, please remember to pray that my windshield washer wouldn’t freeze and that I will get home safely.” I agreed. I prayed for both of them and went into my car to get a Gospel of John to share with her and I was out! But God, in His providence, made sure there was a Mark Cahill booklet entitled, “One Second After You…Die” in the console. How appropriate for this situation! I asked if I could share it with her and explained it to her. She agreed she would read it and I told her to be sure to share it with her sister ASAP. She agreed to do that and thanked me many times as we headed our separate ways. Isn’t God good? Look at all of the things that had to happen in His perfect timing for us to meet at that time and place so I could invite them to go to Heaven when they die.

No comments:

Post a Comment