Sunday, November 1, 2015

Divine Appointment Missed...then found

I went trick or treating with my son and his family last night. We stopped at a house that could be interested in buying. I saw a VA Game Commission truck in the driveway and my son told me that one of them works for the Game Commission. As we walked up to the house, the husband and wife were outside waiting for the kids to stop by. I was wearing my PA Game Commission Deputy Jacket and I introduced myself. We met Jamie and Jade and I found out that it was Jamie, the wife, who worked for the Game Commission. She is the bear biologist for the state….how cool. We swapped a bunch of stories and talked for quite awhile while my son and his family continued on their trick or treating route. They eventually returned for me and we went back to their house. Sadly, I was so engrossed in the conversation, that I neglected to share the Gospel with them…AND, I had Gospel literature in my pocket for just such an occasion! FAIL! That night, I felt conviction as I realized that I never told them about Jesus.

So today after church, I told my son I had to stop at their house and complete my Ambassadorship assignment before heading home. When I got to their house, Jamie was outside and I got to share my faith with her. I gave her a camo covered Gospel of John and a “One Second After You Die…” booklet to read. I included my card and told her to call if she had any questions after reading what I gave her. Now it’s up to the Father!

No comments:

Post a Comment