Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Divine Appointment today

A local school district called and asked me to drive this Thursday and Friday mornings for a driver taking a couple of days off. So I would know the route, I was asked to ride with the driver this morning. His name is Steve. As I began the route, I quickly realized that I had already filled in on this route last month. Between runs, Steve would park at a local grocery store parking lot and chat with another driver. In the course of conversation, they asked why I don’t drive mornings and afternoons and I told them that I have a ministry and have to work on that most of the day. They asked what I did and I explained what I teach. We then completed the second part of the run and as we were returning to the transportation garage, I asked him fi he went to church. He said he had been going to the church in Hamburg all of his life and sang in the choir. I asked if his church preached on the plan of salvation. He said, “I don’t know.” Hmmm….I asked if he was born again and he didn’t know. I explained the Gospel to him and asked if I could give him something to read. I gave him two copies of “One Second After You Die” and asked if he would read it and give the other one to his friend when they meet at the grocery store. He agreed.

Had the Transportation Coordinator remembered that I had already done that route, I wouldn’t have had to come in today and I wouldn’t have even met Steve and the other bus driver. Praise the Lord for His sovereignty and for this Divine appointment today. I am adding both drivers to my daily prayer list for salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment