Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Testimony from Dunlap, TN - one day after MAD Live Event

Ok, one day after attending MAD at Ewtonville Baptist Church...

I wake up with a full day of fun planned for four kiddos ahead of me. On the way to Chattanooga guess what happens? Yep, overwhelming nagging feeling that I will be asked to share. I'm cool with it, I'm outspoken, I'm ready! Say a little prayer while driving ask God to help me see the opportunities, and to give me the words to say. Well, not even two miles down the road guess what happens next? Yep, satans little minions start their poking! Telling me I'm not ready, I've not had time to prepare over night, etc...

Well, first stop my daughters 18mo check up. I grab several tracks that my son got from you all last night and put them in the diaper bag. Everything is great! However, I feel no connections or opportunities the entire time in dr office. No problem we have all day and all in God's timing right ? From the dr office we head to lunch. I'm ready, the waitress is the one! Only, oh my! She is horrible! One kid has got an attitude, the extra kid has never been to this restaurant, the baby is putting whole peanuts in her mouth and dipping everything in the butter! Every time I think I'm going to ask her her name...drama! So much so that not only do I not get her name but I don't even ask a blessing on our meal! Ok, this is not going to stop me...I pull one of the tracks out of the bag, notice that my bill has the servers name on it, or I hope it's the right name lol. I open the track write a little note "Alyssa, thanks for the great service may God bless you today and always." Now it's time for the biggy for me, the tip. I'm a single mom during my summer lay off, and my waitress wasn't that good ! God will provide! I get my handy little tip calculator phone app and apply a...20% tip (this is huge for me sad to say.) Meanwhile my older son is saying "your making it big right? You can't be cheap mom." Ok, whose idea was it to let them sit in on your training lol. Well, that done we leave.

Now, it's on to the children's Creative Discovery Museum with again, FOUR kids. We are having a great time. I am, however, very much aware that I haven't had that connection or opportunity and I'm beginning to think I missed it. After about three hours of fun I'm winding down, getting tired and have all but forgotten my mission I just knew I was given that morning. I explain to the kids that this is the last section of the museum and then we are leaving. Well, this section is for babies and toddlers so the older three ask to go spend the last few moments back at a favorite area. I enjoy some one on one time with Sophie, but it's time to go. I walk out of the area and they have set up a ramp activity in the lobby that attracts Sophie like a magnet! The lady helping with the activity has a name tag that reads "Pam Early Childhood Intern." So, I ask if she is doing this for a class. She response "yes, I'm getting my BS." I say how wonderful it is and say that I too have a BS in Early Childhood Education. She then says "I already teach for Head Start and have for 12 yrs." what? I tell her that I too teach with head start and have done so for about 11yrs. We exchange where we teach, etc and BAM! It hits me, oh crap this is it, my connection!!! We talk for a few more moments and things get really busy. Arghhhh no!!! So, I pull out a track write a short note "Pam, thanks for giving of yourself to these children. May God bless you today and always." This time I remember to write my name, and number as well. I walk over to her and say "can I share something with you?" She agreed and I say "I have this little book I would love for you to read and I've wrote you a note in it. Please let me know if there is anything I can help you with or if you need prayer." She thanks me and gets back to work. I'm pumped! Whoo hoo! Then the little minions poke me with, you forgot to pray AGAIN! Arghhhh! Ok, np I've still been 100% successful. I head to retrieve the other kids and I tell my older son that I gave out one of the tracks. He smiles and says "cool, I've handed out three today as well." What? When did that happen? He says "upstairs, I made a connection with a boy my age and his brother too. Then there was a lady sitting by herself looking kinda sad." Wow! Four in one day God is good! Our day is complete we can head on home. NOT! Before we can get out they bring a snake out. Everyone is gathering and the kids beg to see it. I give in but it only takes a second for Sophie to lose interest so I take her to play in the sand. I'm sitting enjoying watching her explore the sand when all the sudden a little boys starts screaming and crying like crazy! He has sand in his eyes, poor thing! Mom is trying to talk on phone with dr and motions to a friend to help her. The friend tries but is wiping his face with her dry shirt. I reach in my bag take lid off of Sophie's cup and say "this is distilled water if you would like to use it." I also grab some wipes and start cleaning the sand off his hands that he is using to wipe his eyes. Mom makes it over about the time he is fixed and apologizes saying "I don't normally ignore my son but I've waited for that dr to call for two weeks." I laugh and say "np, I'm a mom of three and a teacher, we cant be perfect all the time." She says "really? I'm a teacher too, you can tell it's summer." At this point my younger son, who also attended MAD says "connection" and starts using body motions for book to prompt me lol. I talk with the ladies for awhile, my son prompting me every 3seconds and then ask if I can share something with them. Two more!!! We have now stayed over an hour after planning to leave ! What a day!

Guess what? Gods not done! As we are walking out my younger son points to a lady working the art table and says "I gave her a track." When? "When you were in the bathroom and I couldn't find you." 7 seeds planted, four by my children.

I've always been proud of my kids, they take a stand and even started Bible study groups in school. Today though, we worked together, we were a rescue squad lol! I've witnessed before but always felt defeated if a prayer of salvation wasn't said right then. Thanks for helping us understand that as long as we did some planting we were 100% successful for The Lord today.

No comments:

Post a Comment