Tuesday, November 1, 2016

2 Divine Appointments Today

This morning I returned my rental car and was driven home by a nice young man named JP. I had some spiritual conversations with him before but this time we got down to the “guts” of the Gospel. In the course of conversation he told me that he had prayed a prayer twice, and thought he was a Christian, but he had never repented. He had some doubts about the Bible after watching some “documentaries” on cable stations. It didn’t help that he had a Muslim roommate who also beat up on the Bible. I shared with him how he could be confident that the Bible is the Word of God, a supernatural book, and explained the plan of salvation to him. I also asked if I could pray for him and he let me lay my hand on his shoulder and pray for his salvation. JP told me that he wanted to pick me up the next time I needed a ride so we could talk some more. That will be Thursday. I gave him 2 booklets to read and he indicated he wants to come to the Bible study that I plan on doing. Praise God! I have a little mission field with most of the Enterprise staff here!

This evening I went to Buffalo Wild Wings in Johnson City to pick up some dinner to go. Tuesday is half price day on wings. About 7 young ladies were standing around the register. They were all waitresses. One of them engaged me in a conversation and asked how my Halloween was and I replied, “Not great”. She asked, “Why?” I told her that I was returning from a long trip to Rochester and Buffalo, NY. Her name was Erica and she asked what I was doing up there. I told her that I spoke at a men’s conference on Saturday and taught in a church in Lockport on Sunday. Erica asked me what I taught and I told her, “Lifestyle Evangelism”. She said, “I’m from upstate NY!” I asked, “Where?” She said, “Alfred”. I told her that I knew exactly where that was because I lived in the Finger Lakes and worked for Family Life. She got all excited and told me that she had listened to the station from time to time. I asked where she went to church. She told me that she went to Alfred Almond Bible Church because Pastor Prince’s daughter and her shared the same birthday and were best friends. I told her that I had taught my evangelism training in Pastor Prince's church 9 years ago. I asked how she got to TN. She told me her Dad moved here 3 years ago for work and she is now a freshman at ETSU. I asked where she goes to church now and she told me she doesn’t go at all. I asked her why and she said she heard a guest speaker at Alfred Almond Bible Church who said something that she didn’t like. Basically he just said that anyone who didn’t “believe like he believed” was wrong. I told her that I was confident he was preaching from the Bible and what he was saying was absolute truth. I asked if she was born again and she said, “no”. I asked her why not and she didn’t know why. I asked if I could share something with her and she excitedly said, “Sure!” I pulled a Gospel of John out of my pocket and shared Christ with her. I asked her to read it and she said she would. I gave her my card and emphatically told her that iof she had any questions, she should call me. She agreed. I guess I’ll be going back to Buffalo Wild Wings again soon to follow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment