Monday, February 29, 2016

Iron Sharpens Iron - Fredericksburg, VA

Saturday I had the privilege of speaking at the Iron Sharpens Iron Men's Conference in Fredericksburg, VA. It was extra special because my son was there to help me. About 600 men attended. Each of the 9 seminar speakers had 45 seconds to pitch their seminar, and the men got to decide which one they wanted to attend. Mine was entitled "Nailing Your Colors to the Mast". I was assigned to the choir room and we had an overflow crowd. Every seat was filled, and John solicited help from one of the staff to get more chairs. They added 17 chairs to the front of the room and more people flowed in from two entrances. They sat on the floor all around me and into the hallways. I couldn't move forward, backward, left, or right because of all of the men. John counted 90 men in the room!

Afterwards, a teenager came up to me and told me he had given his life to Jesus Christ at the seminar. Praise the Lord! The amazing thing about it was John spoke with him and he told John that he doesn't go to church. He was walking by the church and saw all of the cars on a Saturday and decided to walk in. He heard my pitch, chose to attend my seminar and got save!!! What an amazing God we serve!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment