Saturday, January 24, 2015

I completed a MAD Live Event today in Brick Twp, NJ. I had an incredible time with this group of people. There were so many connections. A former Councilman from Verona attends this church. We know many of the same people, and did quite a bit of reminiscing.

Also, just before lunch a man and his wife came in and sat down. When I finished the session and began to walk out of the sanctuary, he stopped me and asked if I remembered him. I told him he looked familiar but I could;t place him. He's said he was Paul N. from the Cedar Grove Police. We worked together on the same squad. I haven't seen him in 36 years! We ended up in a long conversation and the Hand of God was so evident. Paul said he was looking through an old photo album earlier this week and found a pic of our squad. He did a little search on Google to see who he could find and he found my website and went all through it. He saw I would be teaching in the church in Brick which is less than a mile from where he lives, so he had to show up and surprise me. What a surprise! I was able to share the Gospel with him (he doesn't attend church), and I gave him a One Second After you Die booklet to read. He told me that way back when we worked together, he could have predicted I would go into ministry someday because I was very different from the rest of the cops....I didn't cure or swear and I as "too nice". He even reminded me that I suggested he improve his language as he cursed too much! While I don't remember that I guess it's possible it happened. He agreed to send me an email with his contact info and we're going to keep in touch. The church people really showed both of them the love of Christ, invited them to church and are going to keep in touch to water the seeds that were planted. How amazing is God!

No comments:

Post a Comment