Sunday, October 26, 2014

Our waitress Kaila

We decided to go out for a bite to eat for dinner tonight. We got a waitress named Kaila. I asked how I could pray for her and she was totally taken by surprise. I asked her if anyone had ever offered to do that for her and she said that she had been waitressing for 7 years and no one had ever offered to pray for her. She thought for a second and asked me to pray for her family's health. I asked her if there was someone specifically she was thinking of who could use the prayers. She said her Mom had just finished cancer treatments and she was hoping it wouldn't come back. I asked what her name was and she replied, "Donna". I said we'd pray for her Mom. She left our table and after I prayed I got up to go to the car for something and Kaila was standing at the computer and one of her co-workers was rubbing her on the back consoling her. Kaila was wiping tears from her eyes. I guess it really impacted her. She returned to our table time after time giving us exceptional service, each time beaming with a smile on her face. We left he a Gospel of John with a nice note in the front and a great tip. I pray the Lord uses the experience and the truth of His Word to rescue Kaila and her family for eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment