Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Misplaced calf leads to sharing Christ

Today I dropped a bunch of flattened boxes off at the local dump. I took the backroads from there to Best Buy to pick up Cathy's desktop computer. On the way I saw a young black angus calf on the shoulder of the road next to a barbed wire fenced in area. I was concerned the little guy would wonder into the road and get filet'd. So I turned the car around and went back. He didn't care for my presence and he was wondering around the fenced in area trying to find a way back inside. I stopped at the house above the cattle and no one answered the door. The driveway to the house was shared by a home way up the hill. So I drove up there and knocked at the door. A lady named Debbie came to the door and I asked if she had anything to do with the cattle at the bottom of her driveway. She said, "Yes!" I told her what I had seen and she got in her car and hurried down the hill. Her Mom pulled into the driveway as she got out of the car and started walking towards the cattle. They quickly moved away from her and the little guys somehow got under the single strand of electrified barbed wire and went back inside the fence in area. Debbie and her Mom thanked me over and over for taking the time to stop and let them know what was happening with the calf. I asked if I could share something with them and they agreed. I gave each of them a Gospel of John with the plan of salvation in the front, shared Christ with them and the agreed to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment