Friday, May 30, 2014

In my reading today....

In my daily quiet time with my God, I read through the Bible in a year. Today's Old Testament reading takes me to the book of 2 Kings. In the introduction to the book, the Life Application Study Bible says this about the time:

"The current of society's river is flowing fast and furious, pulling downward everything in its way, It would be easy to float along with the current. But God calls us to swim against the flow. It will not be easy, and we may be alone, but it will be right. In the book of 2 Kings, we read of evil rulers, rampant idolatry, and a complacent populace - certainly pulling downward. Despite the pressure to conform, to turn from the Lord and to serve only self, a minority of chosen people moved in the opposite direction toward God."

Doesn't this speak so much to us today?

No comments:

Post a Comment